WORKING WITH TOP INTERNATIONAL TEAMS : HUAWEI、SASAKI 、DELOITTE TO SHAPE THE WORLD'S UNIQUE CITY OF THE FUTURE
Professional partner teams from all over the world.
SASAKI : overall concept and planning;
Deloitte : Ideas and advice for planning, design and development for the project;
Huawei : Create a sustainable smart city living.
Forest City – A New Global City
Forest City, is an iconic and extensively scaled project, a smart and intelligent city located near second link bridge of Iskandar Malaysia and adjacent to Singapore, making it a global destination. Spanning an area of 13.86 square kilometers stands 4 man-made island. Where urbanism and sustainability form an equilibrium, creating a dynamic, highly efficient and fulfilling international community.
Forest City – 2 Cities 1 Economic Life Circle
Forest City presents the opportunity to create a new model for a livable, sustainable, and a beautiful global city. Forest City’s carefully considered, integrated approach to planning and design allows for thoughtful and flexible framework that will ensure it evolves into a vibrant, efficient, smart and successful community. An epicenter where daily 400,000 people commute, an urban framework of connections correlate within flight distance of 4 hours from South-East Asia, from 10 mins to Johor’s Administrative Center in Nusajaya, 25 mins to CBD, 45 mins to Senai International Airport and 60 mins to Changi International Airport. This smart city where all aspects of city life uses cutting edge technology to deliver enhanced productivity for fulfilling lifestyle. A dynamic city with a symbiotic link to the world and beyond.
Forest City comprises of four (4) islands with 3,425 acres, surrounded by sea grass, flora and fauna.
Island 1: 979 acres (High Tech Industrial Zone)
Island 2: 1,896 acres (Central Business District and Tourism Zone)
Island 3: 405 acres (Financial and Economic Districts)
Island 4: 145 acres (Conference and Forum Zone)
Touted as the largest reclamation works of its kind in Malaysia, Forest City is just a few hundred metres from Singapore and is within proximity to tycoon Peter Lim’s multi-billion-ringgit Motorsports City complex in the Iskandar region.
1. Measuring 1,817ha, the man-made island housing Forest City is close to three times the size of Ang Mo Kio town.
2. The Forest City project is valued at around RM600 billion (S$225 billion) and will rise off the Tuas shore.
3. The yet-to-be launched development is a joint venture between Chinese developer Country Garden Holdings and Johor state investment arm Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor (KPRJ).
4. The entire development is expected to take 30 years to complete and will include luxury homes, a mega shopping mall, transportation centre with light-rail and bus network, 5-star hotel and yacht club.
5. Work on the development has stopped since June 2014 after fishermen complained about its possible effects on their livelihood, while Singapore raised the issue of reclamation works affecting its coastal waters.
6. Country Garden is also developing a waterfront project in Danga Bay featuring 9,000 high-rise residential units. Covering 50 acres, phase one and two have launched with more than 6,000 units already sold. The site was purchased in 2012 for RM900 million.
ISLAND 1: High Tech Industrial Zone -- OPEN FOR SALE!!
Covering acres, island 1 is planned as High Tech Industrial Zone, including the central business district, residential, shopping malls, IT industrial park, playground, transportation centers.
ISLAND 2: CBD and tourism Zone
Covering 1895 acres, island 2 is planned as CBD and tourism Zone, including residential, Central Park, Sports Park, including the hospital and the ferry terminal.
ISLAND 3 & 4: Duty Free & International Conference Zone
Island 3 spanning 405 acres & Island 4 with 164 acres including customs, duty-free shopping centers, convention, luxury hotels and international exchange center etc..